Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lost Games

Today is a sad day for me. Last night I was tooling around the blog, intent on wrapping up some unfinished business, writing a post or two or three, and working towards putting the final touches on Baseball Games, Trains & No Automobiles. Then I got onto 'The Games' page and noticed that there is a lot of missing content. In fact, a whole month's worth of games weren't there anymore. I don't know what happened to them, they just weren't there.

Naturally I am disappointed for a few reasons. The biggest of which is that I can't go back and read about the good times I had at the All Star Game with my dad, my trip to PETCO Park to see the Padres, the Angels game with James, the Dodgers game with Blue, my fantastic experience at San Francisco's perfect ballpark, my night with die hard A's fans in Oakland, the wonderful reunion I had with old friends in Denver, my sister Julia's first major league baseball game in Cleveland where the Indians pounded the Tigers, or when I crossed into Canada to see how they do baseball up there. I had intentionally avoided reading those entries since I wrote them because I thought it'd be a nice surprise to experience them all over again later. Later finally came and now they aren't there to go back to.

No comments: