Sunday, August 14, 2011

Top Nine Seinfeld Episodes

One of the things that I like about my blog is that it revolves around a couple of different suns and baseball of course, is one of them. Because of this I can post pretty much anything and just chalk it up to being "out of left field." My thinking is if popular lexicon can hijack the number seven position -- the rag arms of the outfield, the "it'll work" spot for the backup first baseman -- then I surely can use it and abuse it for my personal blogging purposes.

So, from out of left field...
 

I'm traveling to New York right now. That's where my favorite television show was set and the home of the Yankees (a George Costanza employer) and the Mets (Jerry's favorite team). In honor of my big apple arrival I'd like to list my top nine Seinfeld episodes. Here we go, off the top of my head and followed by my favorite line:

9) The Bizarro Jerry ("Hello, Vargus..")

8) The Chinese Restaurant ("You know we're living...in a society")

7) The Alternate Side ("These pretzels are making me thristy")

6) The Marine Biologist ("You know I always wanted to pretend to be an architect")

5) The Merv Griffin Set ("Say hello to our good friend George Costanza")

4) Festivus ("No bagel, no bagel, no bagel")

3) The Hot Tub ("You tell that son of a bitch no Yankee is ever coming to Houston")

2) The Pilot* ("If you took the raisins, if you didn't take the raisins -- They weren't even my raisins")

1) The Boyfriend* ("I'm Keith Hernandez")

*2-part episodes

5 comments:

jt said...

The Chicken Roaster ("The greasy doorknob, the constant licking of the fingers. He's hooked on this chicken, isn't he?")

Steve Kowalski said...

I thought about putting that one on the list. "Bad chicken! Mess you up!"

Blue said...

What about "The Andrea Doria?" "That's my apartment! The Stockholm may not have sunk you, but I will!"

Blue said...

There's so many more - "The Fatigues" ("It's a hot night. You think about your knife - the only friend that hasn't abandoned you. The only friend who won't be dead by morning. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted chambray nightshirts."). Or "Why do they call it Ovaltine? The jar is round. The mug is round. They should call it Roundtine.").

Or what about "The Voice" ("Mr. Kramer says "Hey, buddy.'")?

Steve Kowalski said...

Don't be ridiculous! Now come help me push this giant ball of oil out the window.