Saturday, October 1, 2011

More to come

I've finished my trip. Now, I'm back in Portland doing a mix of reflecting and readjusting. Some people probably call it decompression, but I call it feeling weird.

At this time I still have plenty more to write about. I want to catch up on all of the games I've seen, places I've been and people I've met. Over the last month I got pretty far behind. As the trip wore on it became increasingly difficult for me to keep up with the blog. I seemed to meet more people and have less time to write. It's also very true that I tired of writing on a daily basis. But all of this doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to finishing, I am.

I plan on adding the rest of my adventures to the blog over the next month or so. For now I'd like to say thank you to all of the lovely friends, family and strangers that helped me along my way. The trip was a huge success only because of so many people's generosity and incredibly enjoyable because of my shared experiences. I'd also like to thank all of the people that have been following along with my blog, leaving comments and encouraging me to continue. It's been an unreal summer, incredible from start to finish.

Here are some pictures from one of the craziest weeks of the unreal summer (NYC on Sunday to Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Chicago and finally Detroit on Friday):

The Pennsylvanian
Blogging in the lobby of the William Penn Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh



Wet Labor Day parade in Pittsburgh

My daily acceptance of the rain

Pittsburgh Pierogies (found at PNC Park)
PNC nestled up to the Allegheny
I took pictures of Chicago during a layover



Chicago River

Nice sky, hills, the Mississippi




 Me, Aunt Margo on the shore of Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis



The Chicago Skyline from the White Sox ballpark

Jay and Cory at the Tigers game
Comerica Park has a ferris wheel

No comments: